Great News for Magento Community! The new version of Magento 2.3.0 is Release. Magento Open Source 2.3.0 includes a wealth of new features as well as hundreds of enhancements and fixes to the core product.
What’s New in Magento 2.3?
Let see the new Features & Improvements in Magento 2.3.0
- Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
- Declarative DB Schema
- Asynchronous and Bulk Web API
- Elasticsearch Updates
- PHP 7.2 Support
- Multi Source Inventory (MSI)
- Import/Export Improvements
- Google reCAPTCHA
- Two Factor Authentication
1. Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
The world of eCommerce is rapidly growing. More than 60% of user visit websites through their mobile. It is necessary that your store looks great on any devices.
Magento releasing Progressive Web Apps (PWA) as a part of the Magento 2.3.0. PWA is the latest front-end technology which combines native apps and websites. PWA delivers an app-like experience to the user.
- Progressive Web Apps are reliable, fast, and engaging.
- Offline support and push notifications.
- Increase in conversion rates.
- True native mobile experience.
GraphQL is a query language for APIs that allows for efficient transfer of data. It is independent for backend and frontend. Using GraphQL, data will be transfered in much smaller package to make load time faster.
- GraphQL is a query API language.
- Optimized queries for faster frontend.
- Independent backend and frontend development.
- GraphQL endpoint added, in addition to REST and SOAP.
3. Declarative DB Schema
Declarative schema simplifies installation and upgrade procedures for Magento and extensions. Declarative schema reduce the need for many database scripts, eliminating the need to maintain these scripts. And here’s a big advantage: This features enables Magento to roll out database schema changes in patch releases (not currently possible). This feature supports split and shared database structures and database structure validation.
- Declare desired state.
- Easy to understand how the final schema looks like.
- Rollback support.
4. Asynchronous and Bulk Web API
In Magento 2.3 the Asynchronous WebAPI will allow a system to execute API calls asynchronously against the Magento REST API. Because of this, integrations don’t have to wait for requests to fully process when making the calls.
- Asynchronous Web API allows to execute Web API calls asynchronously.
- Separate Status Reporting API is offered to check on the progress of requests by ID
- Processing multiple entities in a single request
- Asynchronous bulk API
- Both async APIs based on message queue
5. Elasticsearch Updates
ElasticSearch Updates in Magento 2.3.0 gives the more powers Magento’s site search capabilities, including faceted search (filtering by attributes). Elasticsearch support for Magento Open Source. Elasticsearch support was previously provided in Magento Commerce only.
6. PHP 7.2 Support
Magento 2.3.0 added PHP 7.2 that brings new development features, increase performance and security.
- To stay on top of supported technologies
- Ability to use latest language features
- More secure libsodium instead of mcrypt
7. Multi Source Inventory (MSI)
MultiSource Inventory (MSI) lets merchants manage physical inventory across locations in Magento. Merchants can represent multiple locations (sources) for physical inventory in Magento. Sources can be grouped into stocks to create inventory pools that can be defined for one or more websites. Merchants can manipulate inventory based on sources. Magento also provides an API for source operations that helps merchants customize inventory actions or third-party order management systems to perform the same actions in an automated way.
- Multiple locations for products
- Locations called sources in Magento
8. Import/Export Improvements
Magento 2.3.0 bring us to many improvements in speed and usability of import/export Improvements to import and export focus on enhancements to existing processes, including the addition of new object types.
9. Google reCAPTCHA
The Magento 2.3 platform will provide Google’s reCAPTCHA service, which is a free service designed to protect your website from spam and improve website security.
- Admin login
- Contact form
- Customer login
- Forgot password
10. Two Factor Authentication
Magento 2.3.0 provides Two Factor Authentication that protects the Admin panel against stolen passwords and protects stores against bots. 2FA help to improve Magento store’s security.
How Can I Upgrade?
The release of Magento 2.3.0 will open a new chapters in eCommerce. To upgrade the new version of Magento, we recommended that you hire a experience Magento development team. We are here to help, ask us for Magento Upgrade.