Great News for Magento Community! The latest version of Magento 2.4 is Release. Magento Open Source 2.4 includes a wealth of new features as well as hundreds of enhancements and fixes to the core product.
What’s New in Magento 2.4?
Every new release of Magento version comes with new features & improvements and gives better experience in every aspects. Let’s have a quick look to new features of Magento 2.4
1. Substantial Security Enhancements
The security is always the main concern of the ecommerce store. In the new version of Magento release over 30 security enhancements that help close remote code execution and cross-site scripting vulnerabilities.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA) is now enabled by default for the Magento Admin and it cannot be disabled.
- Template filter strict mode is now enabled by default.
2. Platform Updates
In the new version of Magento 2.4 there are many platform updates to enhance the performance of the Magento. The following platform upgrades help enhance website security and performance.
- PHP 7.4 support introduced and PHP 7.1 and 7.2 deprecated.
- Elasticsearch 7.6.x is now the default catalog search engine for Magento Commerce and Open Source.
- Magento 2.4 supports MySQL 8.0 to Improve performance.
- The MySQL search engine has been removed from Magento 2.4
3. Adobe Stock Integration v2.0
Merchants can now find any Adobe Stock preview image in the Media Gallery, which reduces the number of steps required to license stock preview image.
4. New Media Gallery
This replacement for the former Media Gallery offers a new, search-able interface for Magento media assets. Administrators can now search, filter, and sort images up to 30x faster than they could in the earlier version of this feature.
5. Deprecation of Payment Integrations
Magento core payment integration have been no longer supported in the latest version. With this Magento 2.4 release, the integrations of the payment methods are deprecated. Here is the list:
This core integration will no longer supported In Magento 2.4, Merchants should migrate to the official extensions that are available on the Magento Marketplace.
6. Deprecation of the Web Set Up Wizard
Web Set Up Wizard is completely remove from Magento 2.4, You must use the command line to install or upgrade Magento 2.4
It is required to upgrade Magento 2.4?
The answer is YES! Because the new Magento version includes over 30 security enhancements. So this core and security updates significantly improve your core website performance. So it is always recommended that to upgrade the latest version of Magento.
How Can I Upgrade?
The release of Magento 2.4 will open a new chapter in eCommerce. To upgrade the new version of Magento, we recommended that you hire an experienced Magento development team. We are here to help, ask us for Magento Upgrade.
Explore Our Free Magento 2 Theme – Compatible with latest Magento 2.4
Etrend Lite Free Magento 2 Theme is unique & optimized theme for online store. This Free Magento 2 Theme comes with a beautiful and modern interface. Etrend Lite Free Magento 2 Theme is a perfect fit for Multipurpose online store, as it provides a clean & flexible appearance and a catchy online shop.
- Promote your offers, deals & discounts with Promotion Bar
- Multi Language Support
- New and Sale Product Labels
- Language Flag
- Product Custom Tab
- AddThis Social Integration
- Unique Block Designs
- Magefan Blog Module Supported
- Auto Demo Content Installation
- Compatible with latest Magento 2.4
Conversion Boosting Features
- Urgency with Countdown Timer
- Scarcity with Remaining Stock
- Shipping Time Estimator
- Recently Purchased Item Pop-Up
- Newsletter Popup
- Show offers and coupons with fully customizable Promotion Bar
- Sticky Add to Cart
- Mega Navigation
- Instagram Widget
- WhatsApp Chat
- Banner Slider
- Floating Recently Viewed
- Category Slider
- Product Custom tab
- Facebook Chat
- Size Chart
- Order Feedback
- Client Testimonial
- Product Previous, Next
And many more! Start your online store today, With Etrend – Premium Magento 2 Theme. Etrend is truly build to drive more conversions.